Class Scribe Prompt*
To maintain an ongoing record of class activities and learning
To demonstrate the ability to write a report of information
To demonstrate the ability to deliver an oral report to an audience of peers
Please use the questions below to guide you as you take notes on today’s
class activities for your job as class scribe:
- For homework, read over your notes and compose
(in type or neatly in ink) an engaging narrative for your teacher
and classmates that describes in clear and specific detail what transpired
in class. Don’t be afraid to use vivid sensory imagery and actual dialogue.
- On the day that you observe and take notes, be sure to snag handouts
or materials for classmates who are absent plus one copy to keep
in the class scribe notebook.
- Consider enhancing your report artistically. Use original
color drawings, collage, color cutouts from magazines, photographs of class
activities, or any other creative idea you may have.
- You will deliver your report the day after
you observe the class and take notes, so practice at home.
- The class will devise a rubric to evaluate the reports.
- What did we learn or review today?
- What handouts were given?
- What were we expected to know and be able to do for the homework assignment?
- Who helped a classmate?
- Who said something interesting, profound, or thought-provoking during class
- Write her/his exact words and put them in context.
- Which of your classmates used her/his time wisely? How?
- What other things did you notice that were deserving of commendation?
- Who came to class late?
- Who could be better prepared next time?
- Who seemed to have been unable to do homework?
- Who seemed to overlook the importance of courtesy and respect?
- What other behaviors interfered with our learning?
Did anyone do better in any way than she/he has done before?
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
What other extraordinary kindly, scholarly, intelligent, dignified actions did
*Adapted from a form by A. Enciso, NBCT, Dorsey High School by Y. Hutchinson,
NBCT, King/Drew High School